There are many Italy travel apps available for download. Today I want to do a quick round-up of mobile apps for lovers of Italian outdoors.
1. Alto Adige / Südtirol Trekking Guide. This new application is in English, German and Italian. It has detailed maps to show you the most beautiful walks and excursions in the area. It has sections on walks, activities for kids and routes for more adventurous. The app is free.
2. Gran Sasso e Monti della Laga in Abruzzo. This fantastic app is in English and Italian and costs €1.79 to download. It offers a wealth of information: itineraries in the park, suggested places that serve traditional food, a calendar of events and information on the typical for the area wines and products and where to find them.
3. SKI Abruzzo is a free application for ski fans. It is in English and has weather forecasts, detailed maps and webcams for all skiing area in Abruzzo, such as Campo Imperatore, Campo Felice, Roccaraso.
4. Free iPortofino application helps you to decide what to do in Parco di Portofino in Liguria. Apart from detailed information about the animals and plants that can be found in the park it lists medieval villages and cultural landmarks and shows maps of walking trails in the area. The app is in English, French and Italian.
5. Sardegna Turismo. This free application offers a huge amount of information in English and Italian for active holiday in Sardinia. Here you will find a list of camping sites on the island, a guide for mountain bikers, golfers, information on walks fro nature lovers and much more.